~~ OUR BOOKSHELF AND NEWSLETTER ~~
THE BRADT FAMILY NEWS (BFN) ON DROPBOX, 2013-2015
THE BRADT FAMILY NEWS (BFN) ON DROPBOX, 2001-2012
THE BRADT FAMILY NEWS (BFN) ON DROPBOX, 1989-1998
Instructions: After opening either of these BFN links, click an issue to view it. To close an issue, click the little blue "x" near the upper left corner of your screen.
INDEX TO THE BRADT FAMILY NEWS (BFN, through 1998)
TABLE OF CONTENTS TO THE BFN (through 1998)
If you have a Bradt book that you no longer need, consider donating it to a cousin. Just leave a message and your e-mail address in our Guestbook and we'll get the word out. Thanks.
bradt family genealogy
The "Bradt Books"
The most complete source of information about the Bradt family is Cynthia Brott Biasca's 1990 book Descendants of Albert and Arent Andriessen Bradt, in combination with the updating supplements. Cynthia deserves our praise for the years of research she (with the assistance and support of her family and friends) dedicated to bringing together the vast amount of information in her two books, and ancestor charts.
Descendants of Albert and Arent Andriessen Bradt is available from the Higginson Book Company: HIGGINSON BOOKS WEBSITE.
Supplement to Descendants of Albert and Arent Andriessen Bradt,
published by Cynthia in 1993, contains additional lines and identifies Bradts that were previously unknown. It does not replace her original
Bradt Book. Like the other supplements, it is used along with the original book. It is also available from Higginson Book Company.
The Second, Third, and Fourth Supplements to the Bradt Book, Including Vanderzee were written by Laurie Grimes. (Laurie also typed part of the orignal
Bradt Book.) These books also include updates, additions, and new lines. Some previously unknown lines are now resolved. These books are available directly from Laurie.
To get current shipping charges for the USA & Canada, write or e-mail Laurie at the address below.
The Second Supplement to the Bradt Book (including VanDerzee) contains about 6000 names, is 8/12 by 11, hardcover and 241 pages in length. It is available at cost for $20.00 plus shipping.
The Third Supplement is hard cover with 164 pages, with over 1000 individual Bradt, Brott, Bratt, etc. descendants. The cost is $15.00 plus postage.
The Fourth Supplement is a spiral-bound book of 65 pages plus index. The cost is $10 plus shipping,
If you purchase all three of these supplements at the same time, the cost is $35 plus postage. Get 'em while they last!
To contact Laurie, e-mail her at: email@example.com
To obtain any of Laurie's three supplements, send payment to:
6690 Nicoll Dr.
North Ridgeville, OH 44039.
Make checks payble to the Bradt Family Society.
These books were published at the request of the Bradt Family Society.
bradt family HISTORY
A Norwegian Family in Colonial America by Peter Christoph. This is a short handbook which documents the eventful lives of the first two generations of the Bradt Family in North America. It can be borrowed by inter-library loan or purchased from Higginson Books...and occasionally you can find a copy on line!! Thanks, Peter.
HIGGINSON BOOKS WEBSITE
Our thanks to Joan Bradt Wood for her book, JOURNEY TO A NEW LAND, The Bradt Family in History. This is a social history of the Bradts beginning with our origins in Norway, Holland, New Netherland, and New York and continuing through the events of the American Revolution.
Also by Joan Bradt Wood:
ESTABLISHING A NEW NATION,
THE BRADT FAMILY IN CANADA
THE BOOK "Descendants of Albert and Arent Andriessen Bradt" and the supplements can be found in this partial list of public libraries:
In Canada: * Brock University, St. Catherines, Ontario
* St. Catherines Public Library, St. Catherines, Ontario
In the Northeast: * Bethlehem Public Library, Bethlehem, NY
* Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society
* Fenton Historical Center, Jamestown, NY
* Holland Society, New York City
* Montgomery Co. Dept. of History & Archives
* New England Historic and Genealogical Library
* New York Genealogical & Biographical Society
New York City
* New York Public Library, New York City
* New York State Library, Albany, NY
* Onondaga Public Library, Syracuse, NY
* Schenectady Historical Society
Schenectady, New York
* Stillwater Historical Society, Stillwater, NY
* Western New York Genealogical Society
* Library of Congress, Washington, DC
In the South: * Genealogical Center Library, Marietta, GA
* Clayton Library for Genealogical Research
* Sarasota County Libraries
* Library of Congress, Washington, DC
In the Midwest: * Cincinnati Public Library, Cincinnati, Ohio
* Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN
* Allen County Public Library
Fort Wayne, IN
* Iowa Genealogical Society
Des Moines, IA
* Library of Michigan
* Nebraska State Historical Society
* Newbury Library, Chicago, Illinois
* Ohio Historical Society, Columbus, Ohio
* Western Reserve Historical Society Library
* Wisconsin State Historical Society
In the West: * Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research
* Everton Publishers, Logan, Utah
* LDS Family History Library, Salt Lake City, UT
* Los Angeles Public Library, Los Angeles, CA
* Sutro State Library, San Francisco, California